Standard Information for Package Travel Contracts under the term § 651a of the German Civil Code
The combination of travel services we offer is a package within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302.
Therefore, as a participant on our tours, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to package travel. MAHO on Earth GmbH will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.
Additionally, MAHO on Earth GmbH has protection in place to ensure the refund of all payments made and, if transport is included in the package, guarantees the repatriation in the unlikely event of the company going bankrupt.
You can find more information on key rights under Directive (EU) 2015/2302: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32015L2302&from=EN.
Key rights for participants under Directive (EU) 2015/2302:
- Travelers will receive all essential information about the package before the conclusion of the package travel contract.
- There is always at least one company who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
- Travelers will receive an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point, so they are able to contact the tour operator or the travel agent.
- Travelers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
- The price of the package may only be increased if an unavoidable rise in costs (e.g. fuel prices) and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package tour. If the price increase is greater than 8 % of the price of the package tour, the travellers may terminate the contract. If the organizer reserves the right to increase prices, the travellers are entitled to a price reduction if the relevant costs decrease.
- Travelers may cancel the contract without being charged a termination fee and receive a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package tour, other than the price, are changed significantly If the company responsible for the package tour cancels the package tour before it has started, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
- Travelers may terminate the contract without paying any cancellation fee before the start of the package tour if any extraordinary circumstances arise, e.g. serious safety concerns at the destination, which are likely to affect the package tour.
- Furthermore, travellers may at any time before the start of the package tour cancel the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the package tour, significant elements of the package tour cannot be delivered as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller without additional costs. Travellers may terminate the contract without cancellation fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this significantly affects the performance of the package and the tour organizer fails to remedy the problem.
- Travelers have the right to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages if any of the travel services are not delivered or are improperly performed.
- The organizer has to provide assistance if the traveller experiences any difficulties.
- If the organizer or, in some member states, the agent goes bankrupt, payments will be refunded. If the organizer or, where applicable, the agent is declared bankrupt after the start of the package tour and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. MAHO on Earth GmbH has taken out insolvency protection with R + V Allgemeine Versicherung AG, Raiffeisenplatz 1, 65189 Wiesbaden, Support partner: Schmetterling Verwaltungs-GmbH, Geschwand 131, D-91286 Obertrubach-Geschwand, Tel.: +49 (0) 91 97/62 82-517, Email: email@example.com | www.schmetterling-versicherung.de. Travellers may contact this institution in the event of refusal to perform due to insolvency of MAHO on Earth GmbH.
Directive (EU) 2015/2302 as transposed into national law can be found: www.umsetzung-richtlinie-eu2015-2302.de