Why to attend Wacken Open Air 2024 with us
- Access to the World Metal Camp, with a range of exclusive benefits:
- BBQ area
- Party tent with benches and tables
- Power outlets
- A short distance from the Festival Infield
- and more to be announced soon
- Wadden Sea UNESCO World Natural Reserve in Cuxhaven
- Mudflats guided hike
- Chance to visit a popular seaside holiday hotspot in high season
MAHO on Earth is going to Wacken Open Air 2024 with a special travel package, which includes Cuxhaven in northern Germany, a very popular seaside holiday spot for Germans!
From July 27th to August 4th, 2024 travel through northern Germany with us. We’ll kick start with a couple of days exploring the legendary Wadden Sea UNESCO World Natural Reserve in Cuxhaven, then continue to the WOA festival grounds in Wacken, the Mecca of Metal fans.
Chances are you had never heard of Cuxhaven Germany, nor the Wadden Sea, so it’s presumably not somewhere you would have gone to unprompted, but you will be surprised at how beautiful this place is. July is high season in Cuxhaven, where most hotels require a minimum of 5-7 nights booking, or already sold out! We have secured a super limited number of double rooms for this trip, so it’s your opportunity to explore this relatively undiscovered holiday spot by international tourists!
At Wacken Open Air Festival, we will have the advantage of access to the World Metal Camp, with exclusive benefits provided solely for those people travelling with official Wacken Open Air Travel Partners such as MAHO on Earth. There will be a range of extra facilities within the area including a BBQ area, party tent with benches and tables, power outlets, bathrooms and lockers nearby and more to be announced.
The bands so far confirmed are: Scorpions, Amon Amarth, Blind Guardian, In Extremo, Beast in Black, Ankor, Xandria, Sonata Artica, among others. You can check the program updates on the official festival page: https://www.wacken.com/en/program/
Table of Contents
Wacken Open Air 2024 & Cuxhaven Itinerary (July 27 – Aug 04, 2024)
Day 1: Saturday 27th July 2024 – Arrival Day
Today we check in at our beachfront hotel*** in Cuxhaven where we will spend the next 3 nights.
Depending on arrival time, we may choose to enjoy a stroll along the beach and a group dinner.
*Upon request transport from Hamburg or Bremen airports can be arranged at an extra fee. Should you need any support for your pre- or post-package travel arrangements, please get in touch with us.
Day 2: Sunday 28th July 2024 – Mudflats hike to Neuwerk Island
After the breakfast at our hotel, we will take a guided mudflats hiking tour to the Neuwerk Island in Wadden Sea, a UNESCO inscribed Biosphere Reserve. The distance is one way about 10-12 km, taking 3-4 hours. You may want to hop on a ferry or horse carriage (own expense 28-50 EUR pp) back to the mainland, or walk back if you prefer. Depending on the tide conditions, the activities may need to be done in reverse order. The plan is to hike one way, spend time on the island, and return by ferry/horse carriage (or vice versa).
Day 3: Monday 29th July 2024 – Free day
Today is a free day to spend at your own leisure. Relax at super cute beach huts, take a bike ride on the cycling paths, visit a spa, explore the city’s landmarks, do another mudflats hike, or you name it. Options are plentiful in Cuxhaven.
Day 4: Tuesday 30th July 2024 – Transfer to WOA campsite
After having breakfast, today we will check out latest by 11am and head over to the festival campsite. World Metal Camp is located next to the Metal Market and a short distance from the Festival Infield, a huge time saving advantage.
Day 5-8: Wednesday 31st July 2024 – Saturday 03rd August 2024
The next 4 days are Wacken Open Air festival days! Enjoy the party!
Day 9: Sunday 04th August 2024
Sadly it’s time to bid farewell. Checkout from campsite latest by noon.
*Your onward transfers can be arranged upon request (extra cost).
- 3 nights hotel*** accommodation in Cuxhaven including city tax (sharing a double room)
- 3 Breakfasts in Cuxhaven
- Mudflats guided hiking to Neuwerk island
- Wacken Open Air 2024, 4 day Festival Ticket and 5 nights camping with access to World Metal Camp
- Airfares, visas
- Ground transportation (Please note: depending on the final number of participants, we will decide on the optimal option for the group and share the costs equally. For example, we may hire a van service if we are big enough a group, or we would use shuttles, public transport and/or shared taxis)
- Camping equipment
- Meals not specified, drinks, snacks
- Anything else not specified in inclusions
Booking and Payment Terms
- Cost of the event package is 698,- EUR per person (sharing a double room).
- Please note: no single or twin rooms are available on this trip. If you want to have your own room, please get in touch with us.
- This trip is an event package, and the full payment is immediately due upon receiving your confirmation invoice.
- Bookings must be performed latest until May 15, 2024. Beyond this date, please get in touch with us to check hotel availability. We cannot warrant any hotel availability for booking requests past May 15, 2024.
- An amount of 400,- EUR per person is non-refundable to cover W:O:A ticket costs and administration fee. Any cancellations beyond May 15, 2024, the full amount of trip cost is non-refundable.
- Please read WOA T&C and our general T&C (in EN) or AGBs (in DE). (Note: our general payment & cancellation terms in sections D.8 and G do no apply to this event package.)
Secure your spot now! See you at Wacken Open Air 2024, rain or shine!!